Run Club Regatta
The Run Club Regatta is a great way for a run club to set a goal and experience race weekend as a team. Come together with the running community to celebrate the sport of running.
Requirements to Compete:
- Run club must host an organized run at least twice per month.
- Run club must have an established leadership team in place that communicates club news and organizes runs.
- Run club is encouraged to attend or co-host meet-ups with other run clubs leading up to race weekend.
- Run club will be featured on Norfolk Harbor’s social media pages.
- Run club will be recognized by Race Day Announcer.
- Designated race day cheer zone for all run clubs to support fellow participants.
- J&A Racing Staff and Waterside District will host a happy hour for the run club leaders on Friday, November 22, 2019.
♦ Harbor Cup
Run Fast! The Harbor Cup will be award to the fastest run club based on cross country scoring. J&A Racing will host a victory party in December for the 1st place run club. The Harbor Cup will be presented at this event.
Rules for Scoring:
- Scoring is based on individual placing on race day against other run club competitors (ex. Male runner places 10th overall male against other run club competitors. He will score 10 points for his team).
- Top 6 (3 men & 3 women) score for Saturday’s 5K.
- Top 6 (3 men & 3 women) score for Sunday’s Half Marathon.
- Team with the lowest combined score for Saturday and Sunday wins the Harbor Cup.
♦ Community Award
Do Good! Make an impact on your community. Each run club is encouraged to give back to their local community. Submit your run club’s community service project(s) to J&A Racing by November 1, 2019. The run club identified as having the most significant impact on their community will receive the community award at the Run Club Leaders Happy Hour and a J&A Racing will join them in their future service project.
Rules for Scoring:
- Team Captains will receive a questionnaire in mid-October to submit their community service project(s).
- Service project(s) must take place between August 1 and November 1, 2019.
- Submissions must be received by November 1, 2019.
- A panel of non J&A Racing employees will review submissions.
Register your run club for the Run Club Regatta:
Contact Ryan Conrad at email@example.com with your run club’s name and leadership contact(s). Once approved, your run club will be listed within the registration for your members to select.
Sign up to run with your Run Club:
Not registered? Sign up today and select your run club during registration.
Already registered? Contact J&A Racing at 412-1056 to add your run club to your registration.
**Deadline for team declaration is Thursday, November 21, 2019**