- Five races available – a Half Marathon, Half Marathon Relay, Get Nauti Challenge, 5K and Kids mile
- Free Race Photos!
- Challenge where you can run in both the 5K and Blue Moon Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon
- Two-day Sports & Fitness Expo at the Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center
- Flat, fast courses through historic downtown, and the Hampton Roads Harbor
- Post Race Party with plenty of Blue Moon beer, post race food from the Culinary Institute of Virginia and live entertainment
- Technical shirts for all 5K and Half Marathon runners and a cotton shirt for Kids Final Mile
- Unique bottle opener Medal for all finishers
- Additional Blue Moon Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon and Chartway 5K Finisher Item
We Promise Norfolk Harbor 5k
This fun 5K starts and finishes in front of Town Point Park in Norfolk, Virginia. All 5K participants are invited to the post-race party with live music, food and 2 beers (21+) (additional beer tickets can be purchased).
It’s a run for the whole family! All half marathon and 5K participants will receive a technical fabric race shirt, and all finishers will receive a unique medal. Top three finishers for overall, masters, and each age group will get awards. There will not be an awards ceremony-awards will be mailed once all results are verified. Sign everyone up for this one!
**The 5K is open to participants of all ages. Parents or guardians are encouraged to run with their minor children but must be registered for the race. Responsible adult family members must be present at the finish to receive their minor children as there will be no additional security beyond the secured finishers’ area, and no specific parent/child reunion area.
Norfolk Harbor Kids Mile
The Norfolk Harbor Kids Mile is a race for children ages 12 and under. It will start and finish under the same start and finish line that the half marathon and 5k use. All participants will receive a cotton t-shirt and a finisher medal.
Students will be encouraged to run or walk 12.1 miles in the weeks preceding the event, and then complete the Kids mile of their half marathon distance on race day. The Schools with the highest percentage of participation will receive books for their library to emphasize the dual importance of fitness and literacy.
* Adults accompanying a child at the Kids Mile will need to be registered for the 5K, half marathon, or sign up for a Guardian bib during registration in order to be allowed out on the course. Each child is limited to one guardian on the course. This bib must be visible and placed on your front, not on your side or on your back, and not obstructed by a jacket. Accompanying adults who are not wearing a guardian bib will be restricted from entering the course. Race shirts and finisher medals are for children with Kids Mile bibs only. This is a closed-in Mile course and guardians are not needed or required for the children to run. There will be a secure corral at the finish line where you will meet up with your child after his or her race.
Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon
The Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon at 7:30am on Waterside Drive. All runners will make their way past the beautiful Harbor in Downtown Norfolk, Virginia. Runners will cruise through scenic historic neighborhoods and return down Hampton Blvd past ODU campus and back to Town Point Park for an exciting waterfront finish and rockin post-race party. All Half Marathon participants will receive a unique medal, short sleeve technical shirt, access to the post-race party and a finisher’s item. Certification #: VA14065RT
Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon Relay
Looking to take part in our Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon, but not feeling up to the whole 13.1 miles? Grab a friend and join us for our new Half Marathon relay! You will split the distance of the same Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon course, competed as a relay team. Awards will be given to the fastest men’s, women’s and co-ed teams (1st, 2nd and 3rd). Each participant will receive all of the same great swag. This includes a tech shirt, free race photos, a unique bottle opener medal, a finisher item and entry into the post race party with 4 free brews and refuel Stew from the Culinary Institute.
The Get Nauti Challenge
Challenge participants run the We Promise Norfolk Harbor 5K on Saturday, November 18, 2017 and then the Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon on Sunday, November 19, 2017. All Challenge finishers will receive an additional challenge medal at the event in recognition of their special achievement. Be bold–take on the Challenge! You must register before the challenge sells out to be eligible!