The Harbor Cup Run Club Competition is a great way for a run clubs to set a goal and experience race weekend as a team. Come together with the running community to celebrate the sport of running.
Requirements to Compete:
- Club must host an organized run at least twice per month.
- Club must have an established leadership team in place that communicates club news and organizes runs.
- Club is encouraged to attend or co-host meet-ups with other Run Clubs leading up to race weekend.
- J&A Racing will host a victory party in December for the 1st place Run Club. The Harbor Cup trophy will be presented to the club during this event.
- J&A Racing will provide a secondary award to the Run Club with the largest participation during race weekend.
- Run Club will be featured on Norfolk Harbor’s social media pages.
- Run Club will be recognized by Race Day Announcer.
- Designated race day cheer zone area for all Run Clubs to support fellow participants.
- Designated Run Club area in the post-race party.
- J&A Racing Staff and Waterside District will host a happy hour for the Run Club Leaders on Friday, November 16, 2018.
Harbor Cup Scoring:
- Scoring is based on individual placing on race day (ex. Male runner places 10th overall male. He will score 10 points for his team).
- Top 10 (5 men & 5 women) score for Saturday’s 5K.
- Top 10 (5 men & 5 women) score for Sunday’s Half Marathon.
- Team with the lowest combined score for Saturday and Sunday wins the Harbor Cup.
Register your Run Club for the Harbor Cup:
Contact Ryan Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Run Club’s name and leadership contact(s). Once approved, your Run Club will be listed within the registration for your members to select.