Looking to take part in our Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon, but not feeling up to the whole 13.1 miles? Grab a friend and join us for our new Half Marathon relay! You will split the distance of the same Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon course and competed as a relay team. Awards will be given to the fastest men’s, women’s, co-ed, and military teams (1st, 2nd and 3rd). Each participant will receive all of the same great swag. This includes a tech shirt, free race photos, a unique bottle opener medal, a finisher item and entry into the post race party with 4 free brews and refuel Stew from the Culinary Institute.
Half Marathon Relay Logistics
Below are important things to keep in mind for a smooth race day:
Relay Transition Area Address:
4417 Monarch Way
Norfolk, VA 23508
If you are running the FIRST LEG of the Relay:
- Make sure that you have your ankle chip secured and ready for the race start
- Line up with all Half Marathoners for a 7:30am race start.
- After running the first leg of the relay, you will cross your own finish line around Mile 6.5 at the Relay Transition Area where you will receive your Relay Finisher Medal along with your other finisher items.
- Your Relay Partner will be waiting for you at the Relay Transition Area. Once you cross your finish line, pass your ankle timing chip to your partner.
- A bus will bring you back to the Half Marathon Post Race party where you can enjoy your accomplishments.
If you are running the SECOND LEG of the Relay:
- You will need to board the Relay Bus that will transported you to the Relay Exchange Zone beginning at 6:30. The final bus will leave promptly at 7:00am.
- If you are not on the bus by 7:00am, you will not be able to get to the Relay Exchange Point using transportation provided by J&A Racing. After 7:00am, it will be your responsibility to get to the exchange point.
- The Relay Bus will be located in front of the Start Line.
- Once your partner cross the First Leg Finish Line, there will be a transition area for you to receive the ankle timing chip before you begin the final 6.5 mile leg of the course.
- After running the second leg, you will cross the Half Marathon Finish Line where you will receive your Relay Finisher Medal along with other finisher items. Please look for Relay Finisher Medal Signage after the Half Marathon Race Medals.
- Please return you ankle timing chip at the finish line.